The Congress of North American Bosniaks (CNAB) is a National Umbrella Organization, representing at least 350,000 Americans and Canadians of Bosniaks descent and origin. Its membership is comprised of fraternal, educational, veteran, religious, cultural, social, business, political organizations and individual members.
The Bosniak American – Canadian community prides itself on its deeply rooted commitment to the values of family, faith, democracy, hard work and fulfillment of the American and Canadian dreams.
We are present in every state and virtually every community in America and Canada on various social, business and economic levels.
Some facts about the Congress of North American Bosniaks:
The CNAB, an ‘umbrella’ organization, is a federation of many Bosniak American – Canadian organizations and clubs.
- The CNAB promotes civic, educational and cultural programs designed to further not only the knowledge of Bosniak history, language and culture, but to stimulate Bosniak American – Canadian involvement and accomplishments.
- The CNAB as an umbrella organization established by Bosniak Americans and Canadians to coordinate the activities and to articulate the concerns of the American-Canadian Bosniak community on public policy issues. One of its related aims is to promote Bosniak culture, language, tradition and knowledge of Bosniak and Bosnia and Herzegovina history in Canada and the USA.
- The CNAB strongly supports Canada’s and the America’s official policies of multiculturalism as a means of fostering tolerance and understanding among Canada’s and America’s vibrant and diverse mosaic.
- The CNAB initiates and provides representation to the federal and provincial governments on issues of concern to the Bosniak community in Canada and the USA. It speaks for some 350,000 Bosniaks in USA and Canada.
- The CNAB is a strong voice in support of the democratic proces in Bosnia nad Herzegovina, and provided material and moral support for democratic initiatives.
- The CNAB makes representations to the Bosnian government on issues of direct concern to the Canadian and American Bosniaks Community while maintaining its independence from the Bosnian government.